Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 
I Wish!
by Contributing writer P.C. Stak

Instead of doing my usual habit which is day dreaming (it’s not recommended at all), I better express something on writing. I think I’ve done this before, it was years ago after I graduated from college. I was having the same thing; I was waiting for job opening. Well, anytime that our mind is not occupied with something, our mind will go somewhere into the wilderness. Waiting in vein, or in exhale would not be a good thing, but again patience is a virtue. I guess there is a time in our life where there will be a void; there will come a question of how long will it be. Only difference this time around is that I know where I’m headed to. So, this is what I’m writing…
I wish….
I wish I know what is absolute in this world...
I wish I know what my path in this world…
I wish I know the story of my life…
I wish I know the end of the story of my life…
I wish I know that what I needed will be provided…
I wish I know that the suffering will worth something…
I wish I know that my sorrow and pain will be for the better…
I wish I know that the world know what I know…
I wish I know that I have given all…
The word of wish has been in our mind since we are little? I wish I would know. If I have a choice in this world, what would it be? A question with hundreds, thousands, even billions answers. But we don’t have a choice of what we wanted to be. If there is… I want to be good looking, rich, famous, be happy… All that I wanted would be there. But, at the end we are not what we wanted. Are we going to be happy, are we going to find what we wanted? That’s when the word of Wish comes. Inconsolably, we use the word of "Wish" to make ourselves feel better. But that’s not the permanent solution to the question. For the last months, I have been using the word of "wish" so frequently that my mind almost going insane. Up to this time, I still use the word of "wish". The word of "wish" would entertain me into the world of imaginations. I would make some many scenes in my imagination using the word of "wish". There are so many acts in my dreams that wishing I am rich, be in love, being wanted, being respected and being the best. For awhile, those dreams gave me self satisfaction. But just for awhile, until it hits me with the realization that those wishes would not come true.




The word of "wish" is a great, strong, powerful word. It needs to be used wisely and not to be drawn into the unreachable dreams that would make us insane. What we feel, see and taste; those are the reality. The word of "wish" is an excuse to deny what you have in front of you. Like Marthen Luther King said long time ago… I have a dream... It’s not I have a wish…
I have learned now not to exceed the word of "wish". I have learned now the word of "wish" only brings me into the temptations without good endings. The word is only for the needs of flesh not for faith. God has teaches me this week to depend on Him and trust in Him for the past, present and the future of my life. There is no word of "wish" in the vocabulary of Jesus Christ. Be with Him, walk with Him and live in Him are the words that I should and will use and trust. I’m going back to the poem that I wrote earlier… I wish I know what is absolute in this world… I have the answer. God is absolute, anything less than Him is not absolute. …

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?